Tuesday, January 6, 2015

What I Wore - Winter Neutrals


I hope you all enjoyed the last few weeks with your families.  I certainly did.  It is such a crazy time of year for us with the holidays and birthdays, but it is so fun.  On New Year's Day we were invited to a fun open house style brunch party.  We were also experiencing some winter weather (at least for our neck of the woods) so warm clothes were definitely in order.

I picked up this cream sweater during one of Old Navy's amazing sales before the holidays.  It is super soft and cozy and doesn't have any wool so I can wear it without itching like crazy.  This sweater was perfect paired with some black leggings and my cozy chestnut Uggs which, truth be told, have seen better days, but I just can't justify a new pair right now.


The "icing" on my outfit was this delicate little necklace.  I saw it during Nordstrom's anniversary sale and nonchalantly pointed it out to Josh and then went upstairs for a little while with my laptop left open.  Thankfully, he picked up on my not so subtle hint and got it for me.  The bar is engraved with J & L which I love because it stands for Josh & Lauren AND Jake & Luke.  Everyone asks if we did that on purpose with their names but honestly, those were just the boy names we liked.  It did work out nicely though.  One day I'd like to get a Maya Brenner asymmetrical initial necklace with J and L but this one is perfect for now.


Necklace - Similar (mine is cursive)
Sweater - Old Navy (on sale) 
Leggings - American Apparel



I'm linking up with Style Elixer and I do deClaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment