Hi Everyone. Katie from Hefty recently asked if she could do a guest post here on Imperfect & Fabulous for St. Patrick's day and since you can never have too many ideas for holiday fun I jumped at the chance. So here are a few ideas from Katie to get you inspired.
© ivaleksa - Fotolia.com
It’s almost St. Patrick’s Day! Do you have any plans for the holiday? If you are fresh out of ideas, then you might be interested in some of these activities:
- Make St. Patrick’s Day pancakes—Kids often love adding food dyes to make foods more fun, so on St. Patrick’s Day you could add a little green food coloring to a pancake mix. After adding the dye, just make the pancakes as you would normally.
- Have a green smoothie—Though this idea isn’t very Irish in and of itself, it is green! Have it for breakfast or for just a snack.
- Prepare an Irish dinner—Corned beef and cabbage is really easy to make and authentic. Irish soda bread could go well with this dinner. If you haven’t tried it before, it’s really good!
- Attend an Irish event—Check in your area to see if there are any Irish events for St. Patrick’s Day. You might be able to see some Irish dancing or a parade!
- Listen to Irish music—You could also celebrate The Emerald Isle by listening to Irish folk music.
- Bake Sugar Cookies—Mix up a batch of plain sugar cookies and then use a shamrock-shaped cookie cutter to make these cookies ready for the holiday. Use green icing or green-colored sugar to decorate the cookies.
- Create a Leprechaun trap—Young kids often celebrate holidays in school by doing different types of activities. One class activity that I heard about was to have all of the kids bring in “traps” to catch a leprechaun. Kids brought in all sorts of pretend traps; they were made from items like tissue boxes, foam bowls, and bathroom cups.
I hope you all have a great St. Patrick’s Day!
Author Bio: This is a guest post by Katie F. on behalf of Hefty®. Visit www.hefty.com to find products like trash bags and more that can help you out with your busy life.