My sister's neighbor gave her this really easy recipe for lentil tacos and while I love it, I think it is actually even better as a simple salad. Just a few ingredients and you have a healthy and delicious vegetarian meal perfect for when you are short on time.
Start out by heating up a little olive oil in a large saucepan. Add in a container of TJ's chopped onion, garlic, and shallot mix and saute until the onions are translucent.
Add in a package of pre-cooked lentils and use your spoon to break them up. Add in some salt and pepper and a little cayenne if you want a bit of a kick. Stir it every so often until the lentils are warmed through.
Put a bag of arugula into a large serving bowl. Squeeze on the juice of a lemon, some olive oil, a little salt and pepper, and some shaved parmesan, romano, asiago mix. Toss this all together.
Add the lentil mixture to the salad mixture, give it a quick toss, and lunch is served.
Warm Lentil & Arugula Salad
- 1 package onion, garlic, shallot mix
- 1 package pre-cooked lentils
- 1 package arugula
- 1 lemon
- 1 container shaved parmesan, romano, and asiago
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- cayenne (optional)
- Heat 1 tbls. olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add in onion, garlic, and shallot mix, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent.
- Add lentils to onion mixture, breaking them up with a spoon. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne (optional) to taste. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until warmed through (about 5 minutes).
- In a large bowl combine arugula with the juice of the lemon, 2-3 tbls. olive oil, the container of cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss well.
- Add lentil mixture to salad mixture. Toss and serve.