Thursday, September 18, 2014

Adult Pineapple Whips


As a Southern California resident, I have been to Disneyland a lot of times but I have never tried a Dole Whip.  Every time I saw the long line for the Dole Whips I thought there was no way that a frozen pineapple drink could possibly be worth waiting that long for.  At a recent birthday party for my friend's daughter they served copycat Dole Whips and I quickly realized how wrong I had been.  The best description I can give to those of you who have never had one is a milkshake that tastes like a pineapple creamsicle.  It was unbelievably delicious!

After finishing my cup (well, my first cup) the other parents and I agreed that the only thing that could possibly improve the pineapple whips was to make it an adult beverage.  The idea stuck with me and when I recently saw an ad for the Pineapple Malibu Rum I knew that I had the perfect pairing.  Now I just needed an excuse to make them.  Luckily one quickly presented itself.

I have to admit that I love the Bachelor.  I know it isn't exactly the highest quality TV but I love (and watch) all of its iterations; Bachelor, Bachelorette, and Bachelor Pad.  When I started to see ads for Bachelor in Paradise I could hardly wait for it to start.  Once it started I was excited to find out that a couple of my mom friends watch it too.  We usually text each other commentary as we watch but I decided to invite the girls over for a moms night in.  In honor of Bachelor In Paradise I decided to make "Paradise" Pineapple Whips.


These pineapple whips spiked with pineapple Malibu were the perfect themed drink/dessert to enjoy while watching Bachelor in Paradise.  They are so delicious!  If you have little ones like me who want a treat, make the pineapple whips and save some for yourself.  Then, once the kids go to bed, add some pineapple Malibu to order, a Malibu floater if you will.

Not only are these addictively delicious, they are super easy to make.  Start out by pureeing some frozen pineapple with pineapple juice, and a little bit of both lemon and lime juice.  Add in some vanilla ice cream (I used light to make it more figure friendly).  Stick the mixture back in the freezer for a couple of hours.  Personally, I like it a little bit more liquidy so I can just slurp it up delicately sip it through a straw.  If you are like me, just don't stick it back in the freezer.

When you are ready to serve, pour the frozen mixture into glasses and top with a shot (or two if you are feeling extra sassy) of Pineapple Malibu.  Use a straw to stir it in and then enjoy.  Pure pineapple vanilla delight.



Adult Pineapple Whips
  • 16 oz. frozen pineapple chunks
  • 12 oz. pineapple juice
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. lime juice
  • 4 cups vanilla ice cream (slightly softened)
  • Malibu Pineapple Rum
  1. Blend pineapple chunks with pineapple, lemon, and lime juices.
  2. Stir in vanilla ice cream.
  3. Return to freezer for 2 or more hours.
  4. When ready to serve, spoon into glasses and top with a shot of rum.


I'm linking up with Pin It Thursday, Pin Junkie, Creativity Unleashed, Best of the Weekend, Weekend Potluck, Link Party Palooza, Best Recipes, Pinworthy Projects, Show Stopper Saturday, Saturday Night Fever, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Inspiration Monday, Mix It Up Monday, Craftastic MondayBusy Monday, Monday Funday, Tasty Tuesday, and Tasty Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment