Tuesday, August 5, 2014

What I Wore - Date Night


Josh and I celebrated our ninth wedding anniversary last month and my wonderful friend Amy watched our boys so we could have an actual date night!  We went out to dinner and I got to actually take my time and taste my food instead of how I usually have to bolt my food down to take care of Lucas.  When you have a baby, you forget how wonderful it is to actually sit down and take your time over a meal with the person you love.  We had an amazing time!

So... on to my outfit.  I bought this beautiful shift dress at H & M a long time ago but I hadn't worn it because it is pretty short, which makes it tough to wear when I'm going somewhere with my boys.  Since I knew that I wouldn't be chasing after little ones, date night was the perfect opportunity to bust it out.


I love the soft blush color, although looking at these pictures I really need to put some self tanner on my legs.  The lace detailing along the top adds the perfect pop of visual interest.  I took further advantage of being out without my kids by wearing these high black peep toe pumps.

The earrings I'm wearing were my grandma's and I wore them for the first time 9 years before when I borrowed them on my wedding day.  The beautiful Judith Leiber clutch I'm holding was also my grandma's.  I love using accessories to punch up the glitz factor on a more understated outfit.



I'm linking up with Style Elixer, Pleated Poppy, Because Shanna Said So, Shopping My Closet, Mix & Match Fashion, and Get Your Pretty On.

No comments:

Post a Comment