Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday - Colorblock Sweater Dress


It was finally a little bit cooler here (it's back to hot again though) so I was really excited to be able to wear something more fall-esque.  I've decided that's a word, by the way.  I had my back-to-school night and because my school is far from my house, I don't go home in between.  This meant that I needed something that would still look nice after a 12 hour day and would keep me relatively comfortable through the entire 12 hours.

I actually bought this dress on sale at The Limited last year at the end of the season but then didn't end up wearing it because it has wool in it and I'm allergic.  I love the way it looks but didn't have a slip that could go underneath it so it sat in my closet, sad and forgotten.  Then when I was searching for something that could still fit over my bump I came across it and knew I had the perfect solution.

I recently bought the Bumped by Blanqi maternity support tank which worked perfectly under this dress.  It helped support my ever expanding belly while protecting my sensitive skin from making contact with the wool dress.  Win-win!

I love the combination of navy, cranberry, and burgundy in the color-blocking of this dress.  It really reads fall to me.  As an added bonus, the navy meant I could wear my favorite comfortable heels again.
Dress - Limited - old
Navy Heels - Giani Bernini from Macy's - old 


No comments:

Post a Comment