Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday - Geometric Print Dress


The weather has been kind of strange lately.  Cool in the mornings, then super hot in the afternoons.  Since I spend most of my day in the classroom it doesn't make much difference to me, but this week I had morning recess duty so I had to consider the weather more than usual.  This dress was the perfect solution because it has long sleeves but is a thin, cool fabric.

I tend to shy away from bolder prints and probably would have walked past this dress but my sister was with me and convinced me to try it on.  I love the style and adding the red belt not only creates a waistline (when I'm not pregnant, here it just separates the girls from the belly), it also adds a bright pop of color.

Let's talk about these shoes for a minute.  I have to admit, I'm usually a Nordstrom's girl, but I was looking for a comfortable yet stylish pair of navy pumps and Macy's had my perfect pair.  I am super in love with them.  They are a subtle snakeskin print with a patent leather heel.  The heel is sturdy and they have some cushioning inside, both of which are good for being on your feet all day.

Overall, this was a great outfit.  It lasted me from 6:30 in the morning until 6:30 at night and kept me looking stylish and pulled together, yet comfortable the whole time.


Dress - GAP - old
Belt - Kohl's girls department - old
Navy Pumps - Giani Bernini - old 

No comments:

Post a Comment