With the approach of spring we have been using our grill a lot. I recently bought a few limes for a pork recipe but we ended up doing something else with it instead. I didn't want them to go to waste and then I remembered this chicken recipe that I used to make by doctoring up some Lawry's marinade. I played around with it and made it using all fresh ingredients. The result was super juicy chicken with a fresh and vibrant flavor.
To make the marinade zest and juice 3 limes. Add in olive oil, minced garlic, and some salt & pepper. Then roughly chop up some cilantro and stir it in.
Put your chicken (I used breast tenders) in a large ziploc and pour the marinade on top. Seal the bag and then massage the marinade into the chicken. Refrigerate the chicken in the marinade for at least 30 minutes. I prepped mine during Lucas's afternoon nap so it marinated for about 3 1/2 hours.
When you are ready for dinner, grill the chicken over medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side. This chicken is really versatile. It is great with just brown rice and veggies. Or you can saute some red bell peppers and onions and eat it like fajitas.
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- zest and juice of 3 limes (about 1/4 cup lime juice)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Put chicken in a large ziploc bag and pour marinade on top.
- Massage marinade into the chicken and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from marinade and grill over medium heat until cooked through, about 8-10 minutes flipping once halfway through.
I'm linking up with Thrifty Thursday, Pin Junkie, Create It Thursday, Get Him Fed Friday, Link Party Palooza, Best of the Weekend, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Show Stopper Saturday, Inspiration Monday, Craftastic Monday, Busy Monday, Mix It Up Monday, Monday Funday, Two Cup Tuesday, Lou Lou Girls, Tips & Tricks, Mad Skills, Create Link Inspire, Moonlight & Mason Jars, Wonderfully Creative Wednesday, Made By Me, Whimsy Wednesday, Wednesday Whatsits, Wake Up Wednesdays, and Pin It Thursday.