Growing up my mom made pretty much everything from scratch. The one exception to this was her lemon cake. It is a doctored up boxed cake and it is so good. This cake is moist, sweet, lemony, and delicious. This lemon cake is also incredibly quick and easy.
Start out by combining a box of lemon cake mix with a box of lemon pudding mix. Add in 4 eggs and some sprite. Mix it all together and then slowly drizzle in a little bit of vegetable oil. Give it a final stir, making sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl so that it is all incorporated.
Pour the batter into a bundt pan sprayed with baking spray and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
Let it cool in the pan for a bit and then run a knife around the edge to unmold it and let it finish cooling.
Now for the part that takes this Lemon Cake from good to amazing.
Squeeze a lemon into a pan and then add in equal parts sugar and water. Bring it to a boil and let it cook until it is reduced to a lemony simple syrup.
Take a skewer and poke it 3/4 of the way down into the cake all over.
Drizzle the syrup over the top of the cake and into the holes.
Sweet, lemony, nirvana. You're welcome.
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 3.4 oz. box instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sprite
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- Spray a bundt pan with baking spray, alternately butter and flour the pan. Preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine cake mix and pudding mix.
- Add in eggs and sprite and mix.
- Drizzle in oil slowly while continuing to mix.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 for the length of time it says on the box, checking it 5 minutes early.
- Let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then unmold and continue to cool.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the lemon into a small saucepan. Add in sugar and water and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until reduced to a syrup.
- Use a skewer to poke holes 3/4 of the way down into the cake. Drizzle syrup over the top and into holes.
I'm linking up with Wednesday Whatsits, Wake Up Wednesdays, Whimsy Wednesdays, Made By Me, Showcase Your Talent Thursday, Pin It Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, Pin Junkie, Moonlight & Mason Jars, Get Him Fed Fridays, T.G.I.F., Link Party Palooza, Best of the Weekend, Weekend Potluck, and Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Inspiration Monday, Mix It Up Monday, Craftastic Monday, Monday Funday, Busy Monday, Two Cup Tuesday, Tips & Tricks, Create Link Inspire, Mad Skills, and Lou Lou Girls.