Tuesday, July 29, 2014

What I Wore - Casual Summer Style


My favorite way to get dressed when it's hot is to throw on a sundress but since I'm nursing and constantly on the floor with my newly mobile little one, dresses aren't that practical right now.  Without sundresses to fall back on, it's hard for me to muster up enthusiasm for getting dressed in the extreme heat.  I'm tempted to just throw on a nursing tank and some exercise shorts.  Since I try not to succumb to those urges, I had to find a new way to look pulled together, even when I don't feel like it.


This outfit is a slightly nicer version of jeans (well jean shorts) and a t-shirt.  These chambray shorts are super comfortable but look a little more dressy than plain old denim shorts would be.  The fun detailing on the shirt, from the little tulle skirt to the random sequins, not to mention the pink exposed zipper on the back, make it have more style than a plain white tee, but it is just as easy to throw on.


Finishing it off with some metallic sandals instead of my favorite flip flops takes this casual outfit up a notch.  It is still super comfortable and easy to run around with my boys, but is cute enough to wear out for a day date with my hubby or lunch with the girls.


I'm linking up with Style Elixer, The Pleated Poppy, Get Your Pretty On, and Because Shanna Said So.

No comments:

Post a Comment