We have officially entered the season of potluck celebrations and homemade gifts. If you are like me and love to bring desserts to dinner parties or give baked goods at the holidays, you NEED to add these blondies onto your list of goodies to make. They are out of this world good, unbelievably easy, and are made in one bowl, well actually one saucepan. Every time I make these, I set a couple aside for myself before I serve them because otherwise by the time I go to eat one they are already gone. You will definitely be asked for the recipe, though you may not want to share because then people will know that they aren't nearly as fancy as they look.
Start out by melting 2 sticks of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, turn off the heat and add in some brown sugar, white whole wheat flour, eggs, and vanilla. Stir it all together until its completely combined. Then pour the batter into a baking pan sprayed with baking spray.
Now for the tricky part, just kidding, there is no tricky part. Sprinkle some Maldon sea salt all over the top. You want to use a nice flaky salt for this. Table salt is not nearly the same thing. The Maldon salt is so worth the price. If you want another use for it, try these Salted Caramel Brownies. Better yet, make both and serve them together as two sides of the salted caramel coin so to speak.
Anyway, back to the blondies. Bake the blondies at 350 for 15-18 minutes. These were baked for 17 minutes. Let them cool completely before you cut them into bars. These Salted Caramel Blondies are deliciously rich. I recommend enjoying them with a tall glass of cold milk.
Salted Caramel Blondies
Recipe adapted from iVillage
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp. Maldon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray an 11 x 7 baking pan with baking spray.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Turn off heat and add sugar, flour, eggs, and vanilla. Stir together until completely combined.
- Pour into baking pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Sprinkle sea salt all over the top from high above the pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.