Monday, August 5, 2013

22 Weeks

The first trimester went so slowly (probably because I was so nervous about this pregnancy being a success) but now I feel like I just blinked and I'm more than half way through the second trimester. I'm still trying to avoid busting out my old maternity clothes. Luckily it's summer and a lot of my sundresses still work. I can squeeze into most of my old pants, not zipped or buttoned of course, but I have a feeling that my days of pre-pregnancy clothes are numbered. Of course I was already wearing some maternity clothes at 15 weeks with my first so I guess 22 weeks is pretty good.

This little man is kicking like crazy especially when I try to go to sleep. With Jake (my 4 year old) my husband couldn't feel him until I was a couple of weeks farther along but both Jake and Josh have felt him a bunch which has been super fun. Jake loves to poke my belly to try to wake his brother up. He is super excited about having a little brother. Hopefully the actual brother will be just as exciting as the concept of one, though I'm not deluding myself on that one. I'm sure it will be a big adjustment all around.

We've been busily trying to get the nursery together in my last few weeks before school starts. So far we're just getting furniture put together and going through the numerous bins of clothes, toys, gear etc. we saved from when Jake was a baby. I have a few DIY projects planned for the nursery which I'll be sharing with you all when they are finished (hopefully in the next couple of weeks)...

No comments:

Post a Comment