Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday - Coral Maxi

It was disgustingly hot today but we were meeting Josh for lunch and some of his friends were going to be there so I wanted to look nice while still being cool.  Enter the maxi.  Maxi dresses to me are one of the greatest items of clothing a mom can have in her closet.  It is an outfit made up of one piece so it is super quick and easy to get dressed in the morning while still looking pulled together.  Because of their long length, if when you need to bend over to help your child with something, you don't have to worry about flashing whoever is behind you.

Maxi dresses and I fell even more deeply in love now that I am pregnant again.  They have an amazing ability to last throughout your pregnancy and also somehow make you look smaller than you are.  Case in point, look at the top picture of me in this dress where I barely look pregnant (at least that's what I think, if you disagree don't disillusion me).  Now compare that with the second picture where I am highlighting the belly.   It's hard to believe these two pictures were taken two minutes apart, not two months apart.

I've had this maxi dress for a couple of years and it is one of my favorite dresses still.  I almost didn't buy it because I don't think orange and yellow look very good on me and I was worried that the color of this dress was a little too orange.  Also, it was a little outside of my budget at the time but I am so glad that Josh convinced me to get it.  I always feel pulled together and pretty when I wear it so I have worn it a lot.  This is definitely a great example of how spending a little more upfront will get you more in the end.

Dress - Banana Republic Factory - old
Braided Sandals - Target - old - Similar here for $15

I'm linking up with What I Wore Wednesday at the Pleated Poppy, Get Your Pretty On, Style Elixer, Suburbs Mama, and Plane Pretty

5 comments:

  1. You are glowing mama! Love that maxi dress and that cute bump !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad that it is summer time because I am getting a lot more use out of my non-maternity wardrobe.

      Delete
  2. Ooh Laure, that is such a gorgeous coral maxi! I need it in my closet :( Looking fab for a preggy :)

    Visiting from the linkup. I'd love for you to come over by blog too and leave your thoughts on my latest post: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abby, thanks for stopping by. I'm heading over to check out your blog now.

      Delete
  3. Cute! This is one of my favorite colors to wear, so even better in full length. Also I keep saying I'm so glad maxis are in style right now - so handy for pregnant ladies.

    ReplyDelete