Tuesday, April 15, 2014

What I Wore - Layers


I've been coveting a J. Crew puffer vest for a long time but just couldn't bring myself to spend that much on an item I'm not sure I can pull off.  I always love the way they look on the beautiful bloggers I follow, but I've never had one myself.  When I was pregnant I found this one at Gap Factory for $19 so I decided to just go for it even though I couldn't really try it on.

I've been eyeing it in my closet for a while but haven't figured out what to pair it with since I always need to be able to nurse.  The other day Lucas and I had a play date (walk the babies in their strollers while the moms talk so we don't go stir crazy) and it was really cold out.  Okay it was in the 50s, but for Southern California that is really cold.  We were going to the mall so I wanted to be able to easily adjust my temperature so I decided it was finally time to give my puffer vest a try.

I had envisioned wearing it with a long sleeved t-shirt but I needed to be able to nurse so I decided on this thin flannel shirt.  This outfit was definitely not my norm and I'm still not totally sure if it worked.  What do you think?  Does this go together or should I try something else?  What's your favorite way to style a puffer?


Puffer Vest - GAP factory - old
Fitted Boyfriend Shirt - GAP - old
Jeans - Old Navy 
Boots - UGG - Nordstrom 


No comments:

Post a Comment