Friday, October 18, 2013

DIY Bat Pumpkins

For the last couple of years, Jake and I have made these little bats with mini pumpkins but then we had to remake them every year.  This year, I decided to use the little fake pumpkins from dollar tree.


This was such a good idea because now I won't have to make them year after year, plus it is way easier to stick a toothpick in a styrofoam pumpkin than a real one.

I started out by spray painting the pumpkins black (technically Josh did this so I wouldn't be breathing in the spray paint fumes).


Once they were dry, Jake and I taped toothpicks onto the back of the foam wings we had saved from last year and stuck them into our pumpkins. 


Then we used white glue to stick some googly eyes onto the front.  We used the same toothpick method to attach the little ears. 


Finally I used a paint pen to draw on the little fangs.


Other than drying time, this project took about 10 minutes.  I used a 50% off coupon to buy the spray paint and the pumpkins were from dollar tree so this whole project was about $7, plus I still have a lot of spray paint to use on another project in the future.

I'm linking up with Flashback Friday, Weekend Social, Retro Pin Party, Whimsy Wednesday Moonlight & Mason Jars Real Family FunCreate it Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, Pin Junkie, Link Party Palooza, Less Laundry More Linking, Show Stopper Saturday, Best of the Weekend, Snickerdoodle Sunday, Sunday Linky, Mad Skills Party, and Marvelous Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment