Thursday, October 23, 2014

Four Ingredient Peach Cobbler


I was steaming some peaches for Luke in my Beaba Babycook the other day and as the sweet, delicious scent was filling my kitchen it reminded me of my mom's peach cobbler.  As the week went on I couldn't stop thinking about it so I decided to whip one up.  My mom is the queen of making from scratch but I was in a hurry so I decided to simplify things and use a premade pie crust.

This four ingredient peach cobbler couldn't be easier and it is so, so good.  Start out by peeling 4 medium peaches and then slicing them.  The thinner you slice them, the softer they will be.  Aim for about 1/4 inch thick but it's not a big deal if your slices aren't exact.


Sprinkle a generous amount of sugar on top and mix it all up. 



Then set your peaches aside so that the sugar can work it's magic.  Once they are sweet and juicy, drain out some of the liquid (unless you want your cobbler to be super juicy).


Take a baking dish, my mom usually uses a rectangular one but I used this pretty oval shaped one, and pour the peaches into it.  Cut some butter up into little cubes and dot it all over the top of the peaches.


One of the things I remember most about this peach cobbler growing up is that my mom would let use use the little pastry cutter to cut out the strips of crust for the top.  This was so fun for me and as I cut out the strips of crust, I couldn't help but feel a little burst of childlike joy.  For your own glimpse into my childhood, unroll your premade pie crust and use a pastry cutter to cut strips to lay diagonally across the peaches in one direction only.  Sprinkle some sugar all over the top of the cobbler and then pop it in the oven for about 20 minutes.


Take the cobbler out of the oven and cut some more strips of pie crust.  Lay them the other direction diagonally across the top of the cobbler and sprinkle on some more sugar.


Put the cobbler back in the oven for another 30 minutes or so.  You are looking for the crust to be golden and the peaches to be soft.


Now if you want to add a fifth ingredient, and I highly recommend that you do, after you serve up your peach cobbler, scoop a big ol' scoop of vanilla bean ice cream right on top.  This dessert is like summer in a dish.  The flavor of the peach is front and center with the little bit of buttery goodness from the crust bringing it all together.  If you have any leftovers, this makes an excellent breakfast.



I'm linking up with Thrifty Thursday, Create It Thursday, The Weekend Social, Pin Junkie, Creativity Unleashed, Link Party Palooza, Best of the Weekend, Weekend Potluck, Best Recipes, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Pinworthy Projects, Show Stopper Saturday, Inspiration Monday, Mix It Up Monday, Craftastic Monday, Busy Monday, and Munching Mondays, Tasty Tuesday, Two Cup Tuesday, Lou Lou GirlsMad Skills Party, Tasty Tuesdays, Whimsy Wednesday, Wednesday Whatsits, Moonlight & Mason Jars, Create It Thursday, Cook It Craft It Share It, Showcase Your Talent Thursday, and Pin It Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment